New Apiary Setup
New Apiary Setup - In a bid to keep our colonies spread around, we had started preparing a new site as the home for our new 2015 colonies in the early spring. Having been given quite a generous space to use, we cleared all the weeds and set down some chip wood to help keep the weeds at bay (which has partially worked). After a lot of work and a fairly promising start to the 2015 season, we have our newest addition to the London Bee family:
There is still plenty of space, so if we can, we will try to add a few more colonies to the site, and hope they build up strong before we set them down for the winter this year.